Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Garbled audio and lag

edited December 2016 in Bugs
It's happened in nearly every game I've played since the patch went live. It's like the sound is playing in slow motion. It seems to get worse (slower and more garbled) when there's more stuff going on (like when there's a Demon or in the last minute when tons of spells are being cast). There also seems to be lag when selecting and casting spells.
The audio is perfectly fine when I'm alone in a game but once my opponent enters, the problems start happening.

Comments

• It's so distracting I've had to turn the volume off altogether. Also, there's a bit of judder and noticeable lag.
  • edited December 2016
    That's weird, nothing I noticed when while play tesing. Can you clarify these things for me:

-Can you tell if you were playing against an Oculus or Daydream opponent?
    -Is it on all levels or a specific one?
    -Do you play with headphones or without?
    -Do you have VoIP activated?
    -Do you play with or without a controller?
  • @hanlid

I didn't notice it when I was playing you, but I've noticed it in every game since.

-Can you tell if you were playing against an Oculus or Daydream opponent?
    All opponents
    -Is it on all levels or a specific one?
    All levels
    -Do you play with headphones or without?
    It happens with and without headphones
    -Do you have VoIP activated?
    Both are muted
    -Do you play with or without a controller?
    It happens with and without a controller

A couple more observations:
    -Everything sounds fine when I'm in the workshop or in a game alone
    -Sometimes the music slows down then speeds up
    -There's often background static

Here's a video. Recording video made it a bit worse. The sound is recorded through a microphone, not directly from the device, so the quality isn't great.

• edited December 2016
    Updating from 1.1.02 to 1.1.03 totally fixed this. Everything is fine now.
  • edited December 2016
    I spoke too soon. This still happens occasionally (maybe once every 10 games, but not for the entire game), and I'm not sure why. Also, weird stuff sometimes happens like my opponent not moving but then 5 spits suddenly hitting me at once.

edit: A reinstall didn't fix this. I'm starting to suspect my WiFi might be part of the problem. But that wouldn't fully explain the huge improvement after installing 1.1.03.

edit2: It's not my WiFi because it's happening on 4G too sometimes
  • Thanks for letting us know.

The Devil's Spit issue is probably due to your opponents shaky internet.