Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.3.0 - Player becomes misaligned with center of teleport location

edited October 2017 in Bugs

Platform: GearVR
Device: S7E Snapdragon, Android 7.0, Matricom XYBA gamepad
Username: PleasedToMeetYou
Wands Version: 1.3.0 (Rift Release)

Severity: Moderate
Frequency: 100% repro, not sure how often it happens in the wild
Description: After spinning in circles for a while using the 90 degree rotation I noticed my position relative to the center of the teleport spot I was standing on had become misaligned. Specifically, a teleport beacon in the distance that was once in my LOS became blocked by an object. If i teleported to a new spot and back, the misalignment persisted. So this could be quite serious if players use the rotation a lot (or if it happens even when you turn normally).
Steps to Reproduce: Open A friend match in Aspis Prison. Note that you can teleport the far corner of the map where the health vial on the barrel is from the starting spot. Now look down at a 45 degree angle and hold the right stick to the right for 20 full rotations. Now try to get LOS on the barrel beacon again. Result: The gallows is now blocking your LOS because your position on the spot has shifted. Teleport away and then back, notice that your adjusted position is persistent.