Our first tournament will start this Friday! I'll be sitting it out to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Since we have players from around the world, each round will last a day. That gives you and your opponent a 24 hour window to agree on a time to duel. You'll have one match per day and a typical match will last about 30-45 minutes, so please make sure you can devote that much time to playing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Here's how it will work:
1. Sign up by posting in this thread before Friday (if you already signed up in the other thread, you don't need to sign up again)
2. PM me the list of relics you’ll be using on each map. Only one defensive spell is allowed per loadout. The defensive spells are Shield of Light, Heavenly Dome, Armor of the Sun, and Chaos Leap. Here’s an example:
-Aspis Prison: Meteor, Leap, Lightning, Spikes
-Temple of Ophidian: Demon, Phoenix, Twins, Hail
-Celestial Halls: Dome, Fist, Prison, Meteor
-Sudden death: Lightning, Meteor, Leap, Acid
(This is only necessary because of the ability to cheat by checking your opponent's relics in Spectator. As soon as that's fixed, this rule will be dropped.)
3. When the matchups have been announced, PM your opponent and agree on a time to have your match. It needs to start within 24 hours of when the matchups were announced. Time zones can be confusing, so make sure you're both on the same page.
4. Post your agreed upon match time in this thread
5. Use the “Duel Friend” feature to play 3 games on Aspis Prison, 3 games on Temple of Ophidian, and 3 games on Celestial Halls (in that order). Whoever has the most wins at the end of 9 games is the winner. If it’s a tie after 9 games, sudden death games will occur on Aspis Prison until someone wins or someone overheats/disconnects.
6. If you're the winner, post the result here
7. Repeat 2-6 for the next round
-If you lose because of a bug, it still counts as a loss.
-If one player overheats or disconnects, that game will count as a loss for them and they’ll have 10 minutes to return. If they don’t return or overheat/disconnect twice, the match is over and their opponent chooses who gets to advance to the next round.
Good luck, everyone!